Monday, August 15, 2011

A Cruel Cool World

Okay, so technically here... it's Tuesday. But, Somewhere else... It is still Monday. Somewhere. So I'll stick with that story.

Ever watch "Cool World"? One of the most obnoxious knock off movies ever made. The plot line going no where, the animation alongside real actors? Yea, it was pretty good if you like watching "pretty" colors, cartoons on crack, raunchy women and Brad Pitt. I won't lie it was a horrible movie, doesn't mean I won't watch it again. Kept me entertained for a good 102 Minutes. Of course mostly because I was trying to figure out where the whole story is going and why there is no actual flow to the movie the whole time... Oh well, What it lacks in story it makes up with scarcely dressed cartoon women who end up having sex with real men. Hurray! That's what we all came for, isn't it?

Well... kind of. I'll bet you that 90% of the people that watched that movie, watched it just for Holli Would. 5% because it had cartoons. The other 5% because of Brad Pitts amazing hair. For me the first time was the cartoons. Well, the second time I have to admit... Holli. Only so I could cruelly compare her idiocy to the amazing woman who came before her... Jessica Rabbit.

"Cool World" as we all know, was originally supposed to be a horror movie. (If you did not know that, now you do.) Unfortunately, the script ended up changing... and the only horror that came from it-- was how bad it ended up turning out. Basically... it just turned into "Who framed Roger Rabbit" Gone bad and coated with sex. they've got counterparts for almost everyone. There are detectives in both, cartoon whores, cartoons trying to act like real people, and they both begin in the 40's.

Why did I even watch this movie again?... Oh, yes I remember now. I was tricked with promises of cartoons! Good ones! And everyone else because of the boobs. And maybe Brad Pitt's astonishing hair.

But I'm an artist, and I love animation. So what can I do? I'll  probably end up drawing some sort of cat fight between Holli and Jessica later. It's a part of my instinct.

Anyways, I'm sure I just wrote about something all of you already know. But, that's all I've got for today, folks!

In other news... did you know that the average cat has 24 whiskers? That's some news. You'll learn eventually that I REALLY like cats.

Ta-ta for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment