Sunday, August 28, 2011

One Of Those Artist Thangs...

Late post tonight. Just got finished re-watching the movie "Rio." Was a cute movie the first time and remained so the second time. I won't lie. I'm a sucker for kids movies and animated films. It's what I do. Especially Disney. But, I'm sure y'all know that by now.


Speaking of which, I don't know about you guys. But, I am completely one hundred percent stoked for the re-release of the Lion King in 3 freaking D. But best of all the new 8 disc box set that they are going to be releasing. I NEED IT. Even if I can't afford it.

ALL THREE MOVIES ON BLU-RAY AND DVD! DISNEYNERDGASM. 



Now, the 3D part, meh. It's not necessary really... but still, an amazing movie like Lion King deserves to be in theaters again and re-released for those to see. It's worth it. And if you by some whack chance have not seen it, then I recommend that you do so as quickly as humanely possible because it is a movie that should never be missed. My personal favorite both for story and art. Oh the things I would do to be able to take part in the creation of such an amazing movie. To me... being an animator would be such an amazing thing. To draw something, pick out how it looks, it's personality, how it moves... and to bring it to life? How does that not sound like an amazing job? Being able to look at a movie loved by thousands of people and having the ability to say, "I helped to make that." Even if it was a small small piece. To contribute to something so influential and amazing just makes me want to cry. (You know what I mean.)

I know that it takes time for these movies to be made and a lot of hard work. But, I feel like the end result would just be completely worth it. The feeling of accomplishment that would come with finishing something like that... I would imagine to be amazing.

As much of a huge dream it is for me to work with Disney or Pixar... I love the idea of animation so much that I wouldn't mind working somewhere else. I know the idea is far off. But, even if I was helping to make commercials somewhere or something else... at least I would be doing animation and doing what I love. Doesn't mean I will settle with that though. people like me who dream bigger than they should, and don't have the means of getting to where they want to be... We get brought down a lot. I mean, especially artists. It can get to be so tough. Knowing that somewhere there is someone who is better than us, and knowing that a lot of artists don't always make it. There are risks and a lot of road blocks to overcome... But, at least I will go in knowing that I tried and if I still end up at the bottom. I'll just keep on trying. There are always ways to get where you want to be. You just need the drive and knowledge to get there.

In the art world now... It's not all about how well you draw. It's about who you know and how to know where to be where you need to. I may not have the money or the education yet, but I know where I need to be to find these people. And I will find a way to get there. It might take me a while, but I will.

Alright, alright, enough of my artsy fartsy self motivation rants. It's past 2 am here. It's past my bedtime Sheesh!!

By the way... Did you know that in the movie "Lilo And Stitch" That there is a "Mulan" Poster hanging in Nani's bedroom?

No comments:

Post a Comment